RepairQ 1.2.5 release is now live! This release features:
- New user role: Accountant! You can now mark a user as an “Accountant” to give them access to the reports section, and view-only access of tickets and inventory for all of your locations.
- We have added a changelog history for the inventory when viewing all the items under a catalog item. For example, now you can see what has happened to all of your iPhone 5s in one look, and investigate a specific item, past or present!
- Fixed inventory valuation export so that it should now properly export multiple pages of items.
- Other minor updates and fixes. For more info, see notes below:
1.2.5 release notes:
- Feature #1975: Inventory Item Changelog
- Feature #2270: New user role – Accountant
- Feature #2363: Changelog for inventory – catalog item level
- Feature #2380: Improve Global Navigation
- Bug #2381: Inventory Valuation Excel – only exports first page of results
- Bug #2394: Inventory list – default sort order
- Bug #2398: Tradein Device form – allows you to add a device with no catalog item
If you feel that you have not received these features on your instance, please let us know. We are careful not to release anything that will cause problems with your RepairQ installation, but if you feel that we have messed something up then please submit a support ticket and we will resolve the issue ASAP.
View and vote on new ideas for future releases on our RepairQ Forum.